Chakka Puzhukku is a traditonal dish in Kerala.
- Chopped Unripe jackfruit - 3 cup
- Grated coconut - 1 ½ cup
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder -½ tsp
- Garlic - 2 nos
- Green chillies - 3 or 4 nos
- Curry leaves - 2 stems
- Coconut oil - 1½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook the chopped jackfruit with little water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Crush the coconut, green chillies, garlic and cumin seeds (without water).
- Add the ground coconut mixture to the cooked jackfruit(water almost dries up) and mash well.
- Let it cook for a minute and remove from the fire.
- Add curry leaves and coconut oil and mix well.
Recommended Combination: Serve hot with kanji and mango pickle or with fish curry.